All kitchen appliances wear down after a while, especially with frequent use. When your kitchen appliances get damaged, getting a new one may be better than spending your energy, finances and time to fix them. However, when you get a new kitchen appliance, you are tasked with getting rid of the old one.
Instead of handling stressful kitchen appliance removal and disposal, you can contact London Rubbish Removal to assist you. We will be happy to collect and properly dispose of your unwanted kitchen appliance.
What are small kitchen appliances?
Below is a list of common kitchen appliances that people often want to get rid of when they aren’t functional. You will have to throw out these kitchen appliances at some point.
- Espresso machine
- Rice cooker
- Food processor
- Immersion circulators
- Hand mixer
- Toaster oven
- Popcorn machine
- Egg cooker
- Slow cooker
- Electric grill
If the appliance you want to dispose of isn’t on this list, but if it is electricity-powered, call us, and our professionals will collect and dispose of it.
Our disposal methods are eco-friendly, and we opt for recycling and repurposing old appliances into more useful items.
Preparing your kitchen appliance for disposal
- Unplug your electrical appliances in advance. If you want to dispose of freezers and fridges, ensure you unplug them at least one day before the disposal
- Separate recyclable components from those that are non-recyclable. Ensure you separate glass, metal and plastic
- If the appliance has a detachable power cable, remove it. You can reuse the power cables for another kitchen wear with the same power plug.
- Check for nearby recycling sites. You can contact your local council or check Google for this information
- Consider suitable transportation for your small kitchen appliances. Will you load the appliances in your vehicle, or will you hire a van? If you want to donate the appliance, you can get free transportation for it
- Look for affordable cardboard boxes for the small kitchen appliances, since scatting them in the book of your vehicle isn’t a good option because it will slow down the loading and transportation
Hiring a removals company
You can avoid the hassles involved in disposing of kitchen appliances yourself. Hiring professionals for the job who are experienced at the job offers the following benefits.
- Save time
- Leave your vehicle free for other activities
- You don’t have to search for a recycling centre – our experts work with trusted recycling centres.
- You can add other items for disposal during the kitchen appliance disposal
- Reduce the risks of injuries from disposing of heavier items
- The disposal process will follow the local regulations, and you won’t have to research the regulations or pay fines for being non-compliant
What to do if recycling or disposing of the appliances isn’t an option
When disposing of or recycling your kitchen appliance isn’t an option, the next step will be selling the items that still work.
You can consider the following options.
- Call your friends to find out if they need kitchen appliances you no longer need. You may not get money for it, but you will be helping a friend
- Organise a garage sale for neighbours as they may see the sale as an opportunity to get things they do not have
- Check on your parents to find out if they need the appliances
Many people consider selling unwanted items but are unfamiliar with preparing their appliances to sell online. Most times, the items up for sale perform poorly. These tips should help you sell your appliances online.
- Take good photos of each item, and only take group photos if you want to sell all items in the group at a discounted price
- Create original and smart headlines because they serve as click-bait increasing your impressions.
- Be as honest as possible – this prevents negative reviews that may affect later sales. In addition, you may have items returned at your cost
- List your location in case someone around your area wants to pick up the appliance personally
- Explain why you want to sell the items because it makes your ad less suspicious and converts into sales
- Respond to potential buyers quickly.
Instead of wasting your resources and precious hours trying to find a buyer for your old kitchen appliance or disposing of it, contact London Rubbish Removal on 020 37451018 to handle your waste collection and disposal needs.